View all Retreat Guides |
A Virgin’s Courage: A Retreat Guide on St. Kateri Tekakwitha
Not sure how to use this retreat guide?
In most parts of the world, the Church is right now undergoing “difficult moments.” And so, our pursuit of holiness is right now “even more urgent.” This Retreat Guide on St. Kateri Tekakwitha, A Virgin’s Courage, is designed to help us renew and persevere in that pursuit.
- The First Meditation will highlight lessons from the first part of St. Kateri’s remarkable life, the years in which she lived with her Mohawk tribe in what is currently Upstate New York.
- The Second Meditation will reflect on the last three years of her life, when she lived in the St. Francis Xavier Mission village, near Montreal, Canada.
- In the Conference, we will take some time to unpack the Church’s teaching regarding non-Christian religions and how we should think about them.
Let’s ask Our Lord for all the graces we need: most especially, the grace to be strengthened by the inspiring courage of the Mystic Virgin of the North American wilderness, St. Kateri Tekakwitha.
We are excited to share with you an improved version this Retreat Guide. It is now available for purchase as a booklet on Amazon. The booklet journal includes the entire text for each meditation, conference, and reflection questions by Fr. John Bartunek, LC along with space for taking notes and journaling. We hope it helps to further open your heart to Christ.
Retreat Guide Video Update!
Here is what is new and improved:
- The introduction and meditations are now available as ONE video. Pause at any time or click ahead to watch the next meditation.
- The Personal Questionnaire/Group discussion questions are available in the Companion Guide Book or Small Group Companion Guide. Either download the PDF Companion Guide Book or purchase it. The Companion Guide Book is available for purchase from Amazon. Pause the video at any moment to go to the Companion Guide Book or continue to the next meditation.
Let’s begin by turning to the Holy Spirit, and humbly asking him to guide us in this Retreat.
What did you think?
Share your review! Just log in or create your free account.
Loved this. Plan to show the conference to my Church History classes from now on (after we study Vatican II). Also plan to show the Kateri material to my 7th grade Religion classes once we study the NA Martys. Thanks, Father!!