View all Retreat Guides |
The Mystery of Eternal Love: A Retreat Guide on the Blessed Trinity
By Fr. John Pietropaoli, LC, STL
According to Pope Benedict XVI, as human beings, we have imprinted upon our spiritual DNA a profound mark of the Trinity, of God as Love. For we are created in the image and likeness of God, and, as the First Letter of John puts it, “God is love.”
But who is this God in whose image we’re created? What difference does it make to say God is a Trinity of Persons? What kind of relationship can we have with the Blessed Trinity? These questions are central to any Christian’s life.
In this Retreat Guide on the Blessed Trinity, The Mystery of Eternal Love, we’ll contemplate exactly that.
- In the First Meditation, we’ll consider what the Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches about the Blessed Trinity. We’ll also examine the experience of two friends of God to help guide us deeper into the mystery.
- In the Second Meditation, we’ll look at the response of Abraham, our father in faith, to the “Theophany” at Mamre in the book of Genesis.
- And finally, the Conference will explore Saint John Paul II’s teaching on the Trinitarian shape of prayer, helped by one of the greatest icons in Russian history. We’ll draw out some practical applications for our own lives, as we seek to live in the light of this tremendous mystery of love in whose image we are created.
We are excited to share with you an improved version of this Retreat Guide. It is now available for purchase as a booklet on Amazon. The booklet journal includes the entire text for each meditation, conference, and reflection questions by Fr. John Pietropaoli, LC along with space for taking notes and journaling. We hope it helps to further open your heart to Christ.
Retreat Guide Video Update!
Here is what is new and improved:
- The introduction and meditations are now available as ONE video. Pause at anytime or click ahead to watch the next meditation.
- The Personal Questionnaire/Group discussion questions are available in the Companion Guide Book or Small Group Companion Guide. Either download the PDF Companion Guide Book or purchase it. The Companion Guide Book is available for purchase from Amazon. Pause the video at any moment to go to the Companion Guide Book or continue to the next meditation.
Let’s begin by turning to the Holy Spirit, and humbly asking him to guide us in this Retreat.