View all Weekly Emails |
Summer Highlights: Weekly Message for 07-19-16
Dear Fellow Digital Pilgrim, pax Christi:
One of the most enjoyable ways I get to better know those I live with is through a weekly tradition we like to call ‘highs and lows’. Usually over dinner on a Monday night, my community (there are 10 of us!) like to share an experience from the week that has inspired or encouraged us, as well as a challenge or struggle calling for the community’s increased support through prayer. Thankfully, my summer thus far has been filled with many more highs than lows!
While my heart is still heavily drawn to increased prayer and solidarity with those suffering from tragedies here and abroad, I pray this time has been a source of renewed strength in mind, body, and soul for you. For the RCSpirituality team, the summer has allowed us time for rest and relaxation with family. The slower pace has also allowed deeper reflection in prayer with the Lord, which has inspired us to plan energetically for the year ahead.
So here are my “Summer Highlights” to keep you posted on what you can look forward to this Fall from RCSpirituality:
- Annual Writers Summer Summit: During the month of July several Legionary Priests and Consecrated Women of Regnum Christi have dedicated time working together to develop new products, such as an online classroom, podcasts, and Retreat Guides. So stay tuned to be looking out for some new faces and contributors this coming Fall!
- Filming the next set of Retreat Guides on Mercy: My favorite creative outlet is working with our fantastic production crew Coronation Media. At least twice a year, we spend ten days filming three or four Retreat Guides at a time. In keeping with the Year of Mercy, we will present the following new Retreat Guides for you to start planning your next small group gathering or personal retreat:
- Miracles of Mercy: A Retreat Guide on the Healing Touch of Jesus (August 2017)
- Fire of Mercy: A Retreat Guide for All Souls’ Day and All Saints’ Day (October 2017)
- Do I Need a Savior? An Advent Retreat Guide on the Prophet Isaiah (November 2017)
- Hearing from our ‘digital missionaries’: We’ve received some wonderful comments illustrating how our tools provide much-needed help for spiritual growth and evangelization.
This [summer] I was at the Atlanta Eucharistic Congress. I spent a lot of the time talking about retreats and accompaniment through the Atlanta Retreat Society. I had several people ‘dying’ to go on retreat and were sad to learn that the next weekend retreat was several months away. That’s when the light came to mention RCSpirituality! These people lit up at the idea of having the opportunity to do a retreat immediately, and when it worked in their time schedule. There was one man in particular who looked ready to walk away from the table and start listening to the retreat on his phone! I wanted to thank your team for their work on preparing retreats! I knew there was a need, but I hadn’t met any of these people face to face nor heard the desperation in their voice. I’m really excited to have been able to connect them with you! – C.S.
So even though our schedules are more relaxed don’t forget to keep strengthening and growing in your spiritual life. As we use the remainder of summertime to provide new resources for you in the Fall, please keep the RCSpirituality team in your prayers as we joyfully accompany your efforts to pray, learn, grow, and go!
Praying you have a blessed and restful summer.
God bless you!
Director, RCSpirituality Center
What did you think?
Share your review! Just log in or create your free account.