View all Retreat Guides |
The Christmas Apostle: A Retreat Guide on St. John the Evangelist
Presented by Fr. John Bartunek, LC, SThD
St. John the Evangelist, more than any other of the Eleven Apostles, was wonderfully fascinated by the amazing, marvelous event of God becoming man and living among us. His writings are filled to the brim with this fascination, which is one reason why they play such a central role in the liturgy throughout the Christmas season. St. John is so fascinated with the incarnation, in fact, that there are very good reasons to simply call him the Apostle whose favorite holiday was Christmas. And those reasons are what this Advent Retreat Guide, A Christmas Apostle, will explore.
- In the First Meditation, we will dig into the core of St. John’s Christmas message.
- In the Second Meditation, we will meditate on St. John’s own life experience when it comes to living out that message.
- And in the Conference, we will reflect on some common obstacles to living Advent well, and how to overcome them.
Retreat Guide Video Update!
Here is what is new and improved:
- The introduction and meditations are now available as ONE video. Pause at any time or click ahead to watch the next meditation.
- The Personal Questionnaire/Group discussion questions are available in the Companion Guide Book or Small Group Companion Guide. Either download the PDF Companion Guide Book or purchase it. The Companion Guide Book is available for purchase at Amazon or in Kindle. Pause the video at any moment to go to the Companion Guide Book or continue to the next meditation.
Let’s begin by turning to the Holy Spirit, and humbly asking him to guide us in this Retreat.