View all Weekly Emails | March 31, 2020
An Opportunity to Learn: Weekly Message for 03-31-2020
As we are all reeling from the abrupt change in our lives, the fear, the concern for our health and those we love, the economic damage, and the uncertainty of it all, it’s helpful to remind ourselves of the opportunities God has given us. We are certainly realizing what is most important in our lives, spending more time with our families, and deepening our faith. At RCSpirituality, we have always provided online resources to help in your faith journey. Today, we are pleased to announce RCSC 101:What We Profess, a new online course that will help you firm up the basics.
Since I was a teenager I wanted to study and share my Catholic faith. More than mere ideas, I knew that the Church’s doctrine had to make a difference in my life, my way of perceiving the world, and my place in it. God has offered me many opportunities throughout my life to dive deeper and to share the treasures of what we believe with others.
Perhaps you are feeling a tug at the heart, not just to go deeper, but to get an overview of WHAT WE BELIEVE as Catholics. RCSC 101: What We Profess is an overview of Part I of the Catechism of the Catholic Church called the CREED: WHAT WE PROFESS. In it, you cover themes such as:
- What does it mean to say “I BELIEVE”?
- What is dogma?
- Why do other Christians follow sola scripture, but the Catholic Church acknowledges tradition as part of revelation?
- Why do we follow a Pope?
- Who is Jesus Christ and how did the Church come to a deeper understanding of his person and salvific mission?
- Why do we honor Mary and the saints?
- What is the Church and how are we a part of it?
- What does the Church teach about heaven, hell, purgatory, and the resurrection of the body?
I hope you’ll consider joining us personally or with a group to delve deeper into the significance of what the Church teaches.
This may be just the opportunity you need!
RCSC 101 – What We Profess